Thursday, April 5, 2012

Move Into Your Human Unsuccess


I just finished reading, Yoga and the Quest for the True Self. One thing that stood out for me was a quote by Marion Woodman, who was a student of Jung:
"Don’t try to transform yourself. Move into yourself. Move into your human unsuccess. Perfection rapes the soul". She was talking about not ignoring the shadow side of your psyche, because it will come back and bite you (as it did at Kripalu in the 90s)

No chance on perfection in ashtanga. It is a daily meditation on failure and letting go, in one way or another. Something can always be improved. Today I tried UHP on my own. Big fail. I thought that since the room was not crowded, I would be able to focus and balance. Nope. The moment my teacher starts talking or someone crosses my field of view, I am doomed. Also, I can’t seem to figure out where to look. Drishte down the nose means look at the nose, at the floor, a point on the wall? I think if I could calm down my gaze, my balance might improve. But that was ok, and I went on with my practice. Maybe it will be better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment