Monday, October 15, 2012

when you least expect it

no, not a new pose. my supta K exit, such as it is, came back today. Probably just a one-day thing, like a sunny day in the middle of a grey week, but it took me by surprise.

Practice at the shala, doing all the vinyasas, took less time than yesterdays' home practice. I guess being at home makes my already slow practice even slower. I really don't understand it at all. Skipping vinyasas between sides seems to leave me more tired and somehow is never faster than doing all the vinyasas. Clearly the ashtanga gods don't want me to rush..ever.

I am debating trying to practice at home this winter, for both financial and commute reasons. I feel like I spend my life on the subway, which seems to be a fact of living here (unless you are a lucky soul who lives down the street from either your workplace or your shala). I am really torn about it. On the one hand, I love the energy of the group practice (although I have also been bugged by a number of things there too), and I love having wonderful teachers there. But I am also worried that tend to do more at the shala than I would at home, which perhaps is the cause of many of my injuries this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment